Quick and easy
- 250ml Pickling Jar
- Non-reactive saucepans which are Ceramic, Stainless steel, Glass or Enamelled cookware only.
- 4 large Jalapeno sliced
- 1 cup Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Filtered water
- 1 clove Garlic sliced
- ½ tsp Yellow mustard
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Coarse Salt
To Sterilise the Jars:
- Sterilise the jar you'll be using to store the jalapeños. Choose a glass jar with an airtight, metal lid and ensure they have been washed. If washed in a dishwasher - no need to proceed with the next step.
- If hand washed: Ensure there is no rubber on the lid inserts. Preheat the oven to 130° and place the jar in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
For the Pickled Jalapeños:
- Wash and dry the jalapenos. Remove the stalks.
- Thinly slice the jalapeños. NOTE: Remove seeds as shown in image
- Combine the vinegar, water, mustard and cumin seeds, garlic, sugar and salt in a non-reactive saucepan. Over a medium heat, bring the mixture to the boil.
- Add the jalapeno slices and stir. Turn off the heat. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Carefully add the jalapenos and brine into the sterilised jars. Seal the jars, and allow to cool before placing in the refrigerator.