Creamy butternut, squash, pear & ginger soup
This recipe is an easy meal made from simple ingredients and perfect for chilly evenings and meal-prep!
- Large Baking Pan, Dutch Oven or Heavy Base Pot
- 1 med butternut pumpkin chopped into cubes
- 3 yellow/gold squash* chopped into wedges
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic whole (peeled)
- 2 large pears cored, sliced into wedges
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp ginger grated
- 3 tbsp coconut oil** melted for easy use
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock low sodium
- salt and pepper to taste
- herbs or seeds to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 200° while you chop all your vegetables and fruit ***°
- Line large baking pan with baking paper
- Toss vegetables and fruit in coconut oil with salt and pepper to your liking
- Place vegetables in ban and roast for 30 min or until tender. NOT crisp!
- Add stock to pot with roasted vegetables, fruit, ginger and turmeric. Bring to the boil, reduce and simmer for 20 min.
- Once cooked, blend ingrediants, add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with herbs and nuts, bon appétit!!
*Omit if you don't have yellow squash or substitute with carrot or zucchini or sweet potato **You can use your preferred oil ***Reduce heat to 180 if you have a strong oven